Monday, July 25, 2011

"Hell Yeah"

Derek Silvers dice que las decisiones nunca mas son "Si o No"; ahora son "Hell Yeah o No"

Chris Gullebeau da algunos pensamientos addicionales aqui:

We all have to make decisions about opportunities. When you think about any opportunity, if it’s not a “hell yeah,” don’t do it.

I’ve modified this a bit in my own life to be: if it’s a “hell yeah,” whynot do it?


Aqui es Silvers con un ejemplo:


Three years ago, I dreamed of going to TED. I applied, was rejected the first time, applied again a year later, and got in. Hell yeah!

After attending two TEDs, I dreamed of speaking at one. I applied, and was accepted for a smaller one (in India), but I spoke at TED!Hell yeah!

Then I dreamed of speaking at the big one. I applied and got got accepted, then did a talk that got a standing ovation, got 1000 tweets, and a lot of great reputation. Hell yeah!

But hmmm…. what next? I got invited to speak at at TED in Taipei Taiwan. Could be interesting…. But how to make it a “Hell yeah!” kind of thing? Hmmm….

Then I got an idea. That TED is almost a year away. What if I were to do the talk in Chinese?

I don’t know Chinese, but I really want to learn. I’ve been studying casually…. maybe I could ramp it up with this as a huge goal. An 18-minute TED talk in Chinese by next year? Now that’s a “HELL YEAH!” Just thinking about it makes my heart race in fear.

Cuales son sus "Hell Yeah" proyectos?

***

Hoy voy a Santa Marta por once dias.

No comments: